- Getting Ready for CAT 2022 - Exam Day Instructions and …
- CAT 2022 Exam Day Instructions: Do's and Don’ts
- What to Carry to the CAT 2022 Test Centre?
- What Not to Carry to the CAT 2022 Test Centre?
- Dress Code for CAT 2022 Exam Day
- CAT 2022 Exam Day Workflow
- How to Answer Questions on CAT Exam Day?
- How to Use Google Map Link on CAT Admit Card …
- Verification of Documents and Biometric Registration
- Exam Day Guidelines for PwD Candidates for CAT 2022
- CAT 2022 Exam Day Key Activities and Time Slots
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CAT 2022 was conducted on November 27, 2022, and candidates were all geared up to give their best to qualify for MBA/PGDM admissions into 20 IIMs and other top management colleges in India. The exam was conducted by IIM Bangalore in 150 test cities across various states in the country. Every year, more than 2 lakh students apply for the CAT exam and work their fingers to the bone to crack it. However, no amount of preparation or any strategy will help you pass the exam if you’re not aware of the CAT exam instructions. Here’s the direct PDF link to CAT 2022 Test Day Guide you must refer to:
Meanwhile, candidates will be able to check out the CAT 2022 Question Paper for Slot 1, Slot 2, and Slot 3, as well as the CAT exam analysis 2022, CAT 2022 answer key, and CAT cutoff 2022 for IIMs below. CAT 2022 test-takers will find the memory-based questions in a PDF format.
|CAT Question Paper 2022|
|CAT Exam Analysis 2022|
|CAT Answer Key 2022 (Released)|
|CAT Cutoff 2022 for IIMs|
This test date guide contains all the important CAT exam rules that candidates must abide by on exam day, including the do’s and don’ts. To ensure a hassle-free experience, here are all the CAT exam instructions and rules that you must follow on exam day. You can also find a detailed CAT 2022 exam day workflow that you will have to follow and know about the things to carry for CAT exam.
Getting Ready for CAT 2022 - Exam Day Instructions and Tips
Some of the important tips for CAT 2022 are given below for candidates who are appearing for the exam:
CAT 2022 Admit Card
The CAT 2022 admit card can be considered the most important document for the CAT exam 2022. The admit card is mandatory to carry into the examination hall. The admit card is also known as the ‘Hall Ticket’ without which, the candidates cannot enter the examination hall. The admit card carries many details of the candidate, which are required for the examination.
- Registration Number
- Exam Date
- Time / Session
- PwD status
- Test City
- Test Center address
- Reference Number
The admit card for CAT 2022 examination will be made available online. The students have to log in to their CAT portal accounts for getting a soft copy of the admit card. It is advisable for the candidate to take a printout of the admit card. The admit card does not only help the candidate with his/her examination details but also works as an identification document for the examinee to the examiners. After taking the printout of the admit card, candidates will have to affix their passport-size photographs to the document and carry it to the examination hall.
Carry an Acceptable Govt Issued Photo ID to CAT 2022 Exam Hall
Except for the admit card, another important step for examinee identity verification is their government-issued photo identity card/document. The CAT 2022 admit card will have a list of acceptable government IDs. The candidates are requested to take any of the following IDs to the examination hall.
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- PAN card
- Employer ID
- College ID
- Identification affidavit
Name Change Document
Candidates whose names have changed as a result of any circumstance (such as marriage, a legal name change, or a divorce) must have official documentation confirming the name change. This document could be a divorce declaration, marriage certificate, etc. Bring a photocopy of the supporting documentation that has been notarized as well.
Affidavit of Scribe and Medical Certificate
Candidates who fall under the PwD category must bring a medical certificate substantiating their claim of disability as well as a scribe affidavit (on the form provided by IIMCAT) to the CAT 2022 examination hall. After the frisking, all of the documents will be checked by the exam centre staff. Without document verification, no candidate will be permitted to access their computer system.
It is not mandatory to carry all the IDs mentioned above as many candidates may not have all of them. But it is requested that the candidates take all the IDs they have from the given list for a smooth entry inside the exam hall for CAT 2022.
CAT 2022 Exam Day Instructions: Do's and Don’ts
Below are some important guidelines regarding the CAT 2022 that candidates must follow at each point for a hassle-free examination experience.
Also Read: Do’s & Don’ts for Writing the CAT 2022 Exam
What to Carry to the CAT 2022 Test Centre?
Students appearing for CAT 2022 must be aware of what to carry and what not to carry at the exam centre to avoid any hassle. Here is a list of things to carry for CAT exam:
- CAT Admit Card 2022
- Photo Identity Proof
- Medical Certificate and Scribe Affidavit
- Authorization Form
- COVID-19 related items
- Name Change Document
What Not to Carry to the CAT 2022 Test Centre?
The exam authority of CAT has forbidden many things inside the exam hall, and any student is not allowed to take the exam if found in the possession of those things. The following items are not allowed inside the CAT 2022 examination hall:
- Mobile Phone
- Log Tables
- Wireless/Bluetooth Devices
- Other Electronic Gadgets
- Geometry/ Instrument/ Pencil box
Relief to Carry Accessories Against CAT Exam Day Authorization Form
Though candidates are not allowed to carry any accessories and electronics inside the examination hall, they can take them inside only if they are necessary for their medical health and prescribed by an MCI-approved doctor. In that case, the CAT authority will issue the candidate an authorization form, which is necessary to carry to the examination hall to get permission.
Also Read: CAT 2022 - Common Mistakes to Avoid on Exam Day
Dress Code for CAT 2022 Exam Day
The CAT aspirants should take note of the following guidelines pertaining to the dress code to avoid issues at the time of entry:
- Metal jewellery is not permitted to be worn by candidates.
- Inside the examination hall, candidates are not permitted to wear closed-toed shoes, caps, jackets, or clothing with pockets or huge buttons.
- Candidates who have metal implants, pacemakers, or other devices in their bodies must submit a medical certificate for those devices.
- The test lab allows socks, plain pullovers, sweaters, and cardigans (without pockets).
CAT 2022 Exam Day Workflow
From reaching the exam centre to exiting it, there is a certain workflow for the examination, which has to be followed. The staff at the examination centres and the invigilator will assist you through the process and help you. Following is the exam day workflow:
How to Answer Questions on CAT Exam Day?
Go through the following instructions to know how to answer questions on the CAT 2022 exam day:
- The amount of time left for each section is indicated by the timer in the top right corner of the screen. The answers will automatically get locked and submitted once the 40 minutes are over.
- Candidates can use the following details while answering questions:
- Save & Next (saving answers before moving on to the next question)
- Clear Response (clears selected response)
- Mark for Review & Next (Mark the question to be reviewed at a later time of the exam)
- Candidates can view the status of attempted questions on the right side.
- Green: answered and not marked for review
- Red: neither answered nor marked for review
- Grey: questions not visited
- Violet: questions marked for review without answers
- Violet with green tick: questions marked for review with answers
How to Use Google Map Link on CAT Admit Card to Find the Test Centre?
There are often unavoidable delays on exam day since candidates frequently struggle to find the exact location of their CAT 2022 exam centre. In order to prevent this, IIM included a new Google Map Link feature on the CAT 2022 admit card that allows applicants to confirm the precise location of the test centre that has been assigned to them. Candidates simply need to download their CAT admit cards in order to access the same, and then click on the google map link to acquire directions to the exam centre.
Verification of Documents and Biometric Registration
Candidates must have their documents validated after entering the test centre and undergoing the frisking process (security check).
- The original ID proof and admit card for the candidate, both of which are attached with photographs, will be examined on the desk. Candidates will be requested to continue with biometric registration after their documents have been verified.
- The left thumb impression and picture of the candidate will be taken.
- The attendance sheet must be signed by the candidates.
Exam Day Guidelines for PwD Candidates for CAT 2022
- Candidates with disabilities (PwD) will get an additional 40 minutes (total 160 minutes) to finish the test.
- Separate rooms will be allotted to floors with elevator access or on the ground floor.
- PwD candidates will receive special coordinators.
- PwD candidates who have a scribe must carry an affidavit that has been properly signed by both the candidate and the scribe.
- A wheelchair will be made available to applicants who demand one (as stated on their admit cards).
- According to the specifications listed on the admit card, the "Zoom" option will be made available on the candidate's test console (for candidates who are visually impaired).
CAT 2022 Exam Day Key Activities and Time Slots
The following schedule has been created based on the schedule of last year’s CAT exam:
Approx. Time for the Activity
Reach the Test Centre (candidate’s reporting time)
Gate closes 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the exam.
Find the Test Lab number
From the Barcode Desk, the candidate determines where the Exam Lab is.
Scrutiny of Admit Card
At the entry gate, the documents are first examined.
Deposit personal belongings (mobile phone, bag etc.)
Candidates are required to deposit their personal belongings at the entry gate
Frisking of candidates
Security personnel assigned to frisk candidates.
Document (ID card and Admit Card) checking at the Test Lab entrance
Document verification is done.
The candidate reaches the exam hall
The candidate arrives at the examination hall.
Candidates go to the Registration Desk and sign (manual) on the attendance sheet
Candidates must sign the Attendance Sheet available at the Registration Desk.
The photographs of candidates are captured and the iris are scanned as per process.
In order to confirm that it is their photo, candidates check it on the registration terminal.
At the registration terminal, the candidate verifies the image that was captured.
The candidate sits at the terminal
The candidate inspects the Console assigned to them in the exam lab. At the terminal, there is a pen and a scribble pad.
Login to the Test screen
Candidate completes first login procedure.
Verify & confirm profile information
The applicant validates and verifies the profile information they provided during CAT 2022 registration.
Read the Declaration and agree to the same
The candidate reads all of the exam instructions before clicking "Accept."
CAT 2022 exam begins.
After the test is over, the candidate shares the feedback.
120 minutes later the exam is over, and the feedback page appears on the screen. The candidate offers his opinions.
Return Admit Card, pen and
The candidate drops the admit card, pen, and scribble pad in the appropriate boxes.
Leave the test lab and take the items you deposited
Candidates leave the exam hall and gather their belongings (if any)
Leave the Test Centre
The candidate exits from the Test Centre.
Candidates must ensure to follow these CAT exam instructions and take note of all the things to carry for CAT exam. If you have any doubts regarding the CAT 2022 entrance examination, you can clear your doubts by posting your questions on the Collegedekho QnA zone.
For admission-related guidance, fill out the Common Application Form (CAF) or call on our toll-free number 1800-572-9877.