Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
JEE Main 2022- The Joint Entrance Examinations or JEE Mains 2022 is being conducted in two phases - session 1 was already conducted from June 23 to 29, 2022, and session 2 is being conducted from July 25 to 30, 2022. The candidates who have been preparing for the examinations all year must ensure that they abide by the JEE Main 2022 exam day instructions such as what to carry and the reporting time. JEE Mains, which is conducted by the JEE Apex Board (JAB), has put down a set of rules and regulations, which all the candidates must abide by during the exam day. Here are the JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Instructions - what to wear, what to carry, and reporting time, among others.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Rules
There are various regulations that the candidates will need to abide by on the day of the examinations, ranging from the dress code to the stationery and required documents that are needed during the exam. Check out the following JEE Mains 2022 exam day rules like what to bring, what not to bring, required documents to be brought on the exam day and general tips and guidelines.
Also Read - JEE Main 2022 (Phase 2) exam application form
What to Carry on JEE Main 2022 Exam Day?
The first order of business to ensure that you are able to attempt the JEE Mains examination hassle-free requires you to bring all the necessary documents to the examination hall, which include:
1. The JEE Main admit card 2022 - Candidates must ensure that all the information that is mentioned on the admit card is correct. For example, check your name, paper, date of birth, gender, name of the test centre, city and state code of eligibility, and category. In case, there is an issue with the information provided on the admit card, you must contact JEE Main 2022 conducting body, i.e. JEE Apex Board (JAB). The admit card is provisionally issued to the candidates based on them meeting the eligibility criteria.
2. Valid ID Card - Candidates will be required to bring a valid ID card with their name and photograph, which is issued by the government of India such as an Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Pan Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Ration Card.
3. Candidates belonging to the PwD category must provide a valid PwD certificate, issued by a competent authority.
4. A simple transparent Ball Point pen
5. Face mask
6. A personal sanitiser bottle (transparent & small)
What Not to Carry on JEE Mains 2022 Exam Day?
The items that have been mentioned above are the only things that candidates are allowed to bring into an examination hall. All other items are to be left outside the examination hall. Here is a list of items that you will not be allowed to bring inside an examination hall:
- No baggage: All JEE Main candidates are restricted from taking any kind of bags or baggage in the exam hall. The exam halls will also hold no responsibility for items or materials lost or stolen on the exam centre premises.
No drinking, smoking or eating: Candidates are also prohibited from drinking, smoking or eating in the examination hall. Snacks and drinks like tea and coffee are also prohibited in the exam halls.
Diabetic patients will be allowed to bring in sugar tablets or fruits as well as a water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to bring packaged food like candy, chocolate or sandwiches in the exam hall.
No Accessories: Candidates will also not be allowed to wear any kind of jewellery or accessories, like watches, in the examination hall. They must also try to wear simple clothes, with limited pockets, to restrict suspicion of use of unfair means.
No electronic gadgets: Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, calculators, earphones, headphones, pagers, documents, slide rules, log tables, tape recorders or cameras, etc are prohibited inside an examination hall.
No stationery: Candidates who will be attempting the Paper-1 of JEE Mains 2022 will not be allowed to bring in any kind of stationery, like pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, paper or any textual reference papers in the examination hall. Candidates will be provided with the needed stationery from the exam centres themselves during the examination.
JEE Mains 2022 Tips and Guidelines to follow on Exam Day
There are various other regulations that have been outlined by the conducting body of JEE Mains 2022 to ensure that the examinations are completed without the use of unfair means. Here are some JEE Main 2022 tips and guidelines to follow on Exam Day, to ensure you are able to attempt the long-awaited engineering examinations;
1. All Candidates must reach the exam centre and enter the exam hall before 9:30. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall after the examinations have begun. All candidates are advised to reach the exam centre before the stipulated time on the admit card. This will help avoid confusion and last-minute hastiness, which can lead to unwanted stress before the exam.
2. One of the most important documents that you be required to provide the invigilator at the exam centre is the JEE Mains 2022 admit card. The candidates who do not display their respective JEE Mains 2022 admit cards will be debarred from giving the examination.
3. Prior to entering the exam hall, all candidates must ensure that they are not carrying any kind of unwanted materials or items, like electronic gadgets, pieces of paper, stationery, eatables, etc, into the examination hall. Candidates who are found violating the rule will be debarred from the examination and possibly restricted from attempting the examination, depending on the gravity of the situation.
4. Along with the admit card, the candidates may also be required to display the other documents at the time of entering the exam hall. All the documents regarding the eligibility of the candidates for the JEE Mains 2022 exam should be presented to the invigilator at the time of the examination.
5. Once you have entered the exam hall, the invigilators will provide you with a sheet, with the names of the candidates attempting the JEE Mains exam. You will be required to sign at the respective space provided in front of your name, on the sheet. Those who do not sign the sheet will be considered absent from the examination.
6. Candidates should take their seats shortly when the Examination Hall doors open. If applicants do not arrive on time for whatever reason, such as traffic congestion, train/bus delay, etc., they are likely to miss some of the key instructions that will be announced in the Examination Rooms/Halls. The NTA is not liable for any delays.
7. Each candidate will be assigned a seat with their Roll Number. Candidates should only find and sit in their assigned seats. If a candidate decides to alter his or her seat and does not sit in the seat given to him or her, his or her candidacy may be cancelled. In this case, no appeal would be considered.
8. The candidate must confirm that the Question Paper provided on the computer corresponds to the topic chosen on the Admit Card. If the subject of the Question Paper differs from his/her chosen subject, this should be brought to the attention of the Invigilator.
9. If a candidate appears in more than one shift/date by providing false information, his candidature will be terminated and his result will not be published.
10. During the test, individuals may approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for technical help, first aid emergencies, or any other information.
Documents Required on JEE Mains 2022 Exam Day
The candidates who will be attempting the JEE Mains 2022 examinations will be required to present the invigilator with specific documents that have been specified by the JEE Mains conducting body. As per the guidelines, the following are the documents required on the JEE Mains 2022 exam day:
1. Admit card
2. Passport-sized photograph (1 x Nos) which should be the same as the one in your application form
3. Self Declaration (Undertaking) form downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in
4. Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid, and non-expired), School Identity Card/ PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ Class 12 Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph
5. PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category OR PwD Certificate regarding physical limitation in an examination to write as per Annexures given in Information Bulletin, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
To ensure that the test-takers are able to sit for the JEE Mains 2022 exam, they will need to present one of the above-mentioned documents, as per the category they fall under. Failure to present the documents required on JEE Main 2022 exam day will result in the cancellation of the examinations of violators.
JEE Main Admit Card 2022
The JEE Apex Board (JAB) has released the JEE Main 2022, Session 2 Admit Card on July 21, 2022, it released the JEE Main admit card 2022 session 1 on June 21, 2022. Candidates will be able to access the JEE Main admit card 2022 at the NTA official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. The credentials required to download JEE Main 2022 admit card is the application number and password/date of birth. Candidates who have successfully completed their JEE Main registration 2022 will be able to access the JEE Main hall ticket 2022.
Apart from the instructions that have been mentioned above, candidates must ensure that they listen to and abide by the rules and regulations that will be spoken out by the invigilator before the examination starts. Therefore, it is advisable for the candidates to reach the exam center half an hour before the exam starts. Further, the candidates are advised to restrain themselves from using unfair means during the examination, which also includes talking or passing chits during the exam. All candidates who are found using unfair means during the exam will be punished or debarred from the examination.
All the best!
Also Read: JEE Main Passing Marks 2022 for OBC Category
JEE Main Exam Materials
You can click on the link below to access various exam related materials pertaining to JEE Main exam -
|JEE Main 2022 Predicted Question Paper: Important Expected Questions||5 Commonly Asked Questions about JEE Main 2022|
|7 Tips for Guaranteed Success in JEE Main 2022||Free Practice Question Papers with Answer Key for JEE Main 2022|