Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Wondering if you can crack Design entrance exams without any external help or coaching classes? CollegDekho has answers to all your questions regarding self-studying for Design entrance exams.
It is a matter of fact that self-studying for any of the top design entrance exams like NIFT Entrance Exam,UCEED, CEED, NID DAT, etc. is the best way to ace them. Most of these design entrance exams are conducted at the beginning of every year for admissions to major design or fashion undergraduate or postgraduate courses like B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des, M.F.Tech and M.F.M.
Most candidates hesitate to self-study for design entrance exams and eventually enrol themselves in coaching classes. What they don’t understand is that cracking an admission test is all about a good study plan and proper execution of the exam.
We have prepared a self-study guide for design aspirants like you who want to prepare all by themselves. This guide tells you how to prepare for any design entrance exam along with a list of best books or study materials, previous year question papers/sample papers and mock tests.
Why Self Study for Design Entrance Exams?
Before we move on to the preparation tips and best books for all the design entrance exams, let us first understand why self-study is the right path for you to crack a Design entrance exam.
- The best part about self-study is that you don’t have to get out of your comfort zone to prepare for the exam. Studying by yourself allows you to choose the place and time of your preference.
- It is a cost-effective way of preparing for the exam. Self-studying would not cost you a penny and you only have to spend money on the study material or books.
- Most of us prefer studying alone to studying in a group. While studying alone, you can focus all your attention and energy on it, which is not the case when studying in the presence of others.
- When you study alone, you have the freedom to explore and enjoy the benefits of the internet.
- Self-studying eliminates your dependency on coaching classes and pushes you to take control and strategise in the best possible way.
- You can certainly save more time if you are preparing on your own and not spending time on commuting to the coaching centre every day.
Preparation Tips for Design Entrance Exams
CollegeDekho has curated preparation tips for all the top design entrance exams that you can appear for. These tips and tricks will tell you how to make a strategy, what to focus more on and how to revise. Before starting with the preparation, candidates must have a clear idea of the exam pattern and syllabus of these exams.
Best Books to Study for Design Entrance Exams
One thing you have to be sure of is that you have the best books or study material to prepare for the top Design entrance exams. Click on the below-mentioned links to get a list of best books for the exam:
Previous Year Question Papers for Design Entrance Exams
Practising previous year question papers is the best way to be thorough with the different types of questions asked in the test and the exam pattern. In order to access them, you can click on the links provided in the table:
Also Read: Top 10 Design Entrance Exams in India
Mock Tests for Design Entrance Exams
Design entrance mock tests will help you get an understanding of the real exam. These will also teach you how to manage your time on the day of the exam.
Stay focused as that is the only mantra to crack any Design entrance exam and if you believe self-studying is the right way for you to prepare for the exam, then stick to it.
Hope these tips help you ace the entrance exam and score high. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to keep yourself updated regarding the Design entrance exams and admissions in India. Fill our Common Application Form (CAF) if you wish to be assisted by our admissions experts in finding the best Design college for yourself. You can also call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 or write to us through the QnA section if you have any queries.