The CAT 2024 will be held on November 24, 2024, which is the last Sunday of November 2024, by IIM Calcutta. However, the same will be confirmed later when the CAT 2024 notification is released. Notably, the registration process for CAT 2024 is expected to begin in the first week of August 2024.
CAT or the Common Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management for admission to the flagship management programs at any of their 21 campuses across the country. The CAT result is also accepted by other top B-schools and management institutes in India including IITs, XLRI, and more. Candidates who wish to seek MBA/PGDM admission in 2025 must start preparing for CAT 2024 well in advance to secure a good score on the test. Find all the necessary details about CAT 2024 below.
|CAT Score vs Percentile
|CAT Exam Centres
|How Many Questions to Attempt in CAT for a 99 Percentile Score?
|CAT Objection Form
CAT 2024: Major Highlights
Before we get into the detailed information about the exam, let’s take a look at the major highlights of CAT 2024 mentioned in the table below:
Common Admission Test (CAT)
One of the top IIMs in India
Once a Year
Mode of Registration
Medium of Examination
Number of Test Cities
Graduation with a minimum 50 % aggregate score (45 % for SC/ST Students)
CAT 2024 Important Dates
Candidates will get to know the exact dates of all the important events related to CAT 2024 like the registration process, admit card release, exam dates, etc. once the CAT notification 2024 is released. Candidates can find the CAT 2024 important dates mentioned in the table below:
CAT 2024 Notification Release
July 30, 2024 (Tentative)
CAT Application Form 2024 Release
August 3, 2024 (Tentative)
CAT 2024 Registration Deadline
September 15, 2024 (Tentative)
CAT Application Form Correction Window 2024
Last week of September 2024
CAT Admit Card 2024 Release Date
October 25, 2024 (Tentative)
CAT Mock Test 2024 Link Activation
Fourth week of October 2023
CAT 2024 Exam Date
November 24, 2024
CAT Answer Key 2024 Release
First week of December 2024
CAT 2024 Answer Key Challenge Window
First week of December 2024
CAT Result 2024 Declaration
First week of January 2024
Also Read: CAT 2024 Exam Day Instructions
CAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The CAT eligibility criteria 2024 have not seen any major changes in the past few years and the eligibility requirements for the exam are also expected to remain the same. The CAT 2024 eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree with at least 50% of the required total points (for General Category, EWS, and NC-OBC caste) to be eligible for the CAT. The minimum percentage needed is 45% for candidates who identify as SC/ST and PwD.
- For candidates to be considered towards the CAT eligibility criteria, the University that has awarded their Bachelor's degree has to be recognized by the MHRD.
- Candidates are also qualified for CAT if they have completed their professional degrees (CA, CS, or ICWA) with an aggregate score of more than 50% (45% for SC, ST, or PwD).
- Applicants who are waiting for their bachelor's degree results or who are in their last year of a bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification may also take CAT.
CAT 2024 Registration Process
The CAT 2024 application form will be released online shortly after the release of the notification. In order to register for CAT candidates must have a valid email address and a phone number. Candidates must follow the steps mentioned below in order to register for CAT 2024:
- Candidates must visit the CAT official website - iimcat.ac.in. On the official website, applicants must visit the link for “New Candidate Registration”.
- Applicants have to create a User ID on the official website by entering their Email ID, Phone Number, and other basic details.
- Applicants will then have to log in to the official CAT 2024 website using their CAT login credentials to fill out the CAT application form with information like:
- Personal Details
- Academic Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Management Program Preferences
- Test City Preferences
- Subsequently, candidates have to upload documents during the CAT application process 2024 that attest to their academic and personal background.
- Finally, candidates must pay the CAT 2024 application fee to complete the application process.
CAT 2024 Exam Pattern
The CAT 2024 exam pattern has seen numerous changes over the years. Candidates will be informed of any such changes in the CAT exam pattern in the CAT notification itself. The CAT 2024 exam pattern is mentioned below:
CAT 2024 Exam Pattern
CAT 2024 Sections
Mode of Examination
Computer Based Test
Total Exam Duration
120 minutes or 2 hours
Sectional Time Limit
Total Number of Questions
Section-wise Division of Questions
Question Paper Language
Type of Questions
MCQs and Non-MCQs (TITA)
Number of MCQ choices
CAT 2024 Syllabus
The CAT 2024 syllabus is vast and is divided into three broad categories, namely Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. Candidates can check out some of the most common topics covered by the three sections of CAT mentioned in the table below:
CAT Test Sections
No. of Questions
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Para Summary, Verbal Reasoning, and Odd Sentence Out
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Charts, Graphs, Arrangements, Blood Relations, Set Theory (Variables), Puzzles, Puzzles with Additional Data, Coding - Decoding, Series, etc.
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
Number System, Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Mensuration, Linear Equations
Also Read: Important Topics for CAT 2024
CAT 2024 Preparation Tips & Strategy
Given that CAT is one of the hardest admission tests in India, preparing for it might be difficult, particularly for those taking the test for the first time. Aspirants who want to place in the top percentile must invest a significant amount of time and energy in their CAT preparation. With that in mind, candidates must follow the preparation tips mentioned below to enhance their CAT 2024 preparation:
Devise a Preparation Plan: Utilise the time you have for preparation by breaking the syllabus up into different sections and phases. Make an effort to study for the CAT by allocating a certain amount of time each day. Make sure adequate time is allotted for preparing each section of the CAT syllabus.
Strengthen Basic Concepts: Determine which concepts are more difficult and which are recent, and spend more time learning about these topics. Before starting your CAT preparations, take some time to review all of the topics in every section to increase your understanding.
- Choose a Preparation Method Wisely: For CAT preparation, self-study and CAT coaching centers are both good choices. You can receive guidance on every stage of the preparation process from a coaching center. If you choose to study on your own, be sure to prepare by using the appropriate books and resources.
- Practice CAT Mock Tests Regularly: Every CAT candidate should take mock tests seriously as they are an essential component of CAT preparation. By improving their time management abilities, mock exams assist applicants in both gauging their level of readiness and acclimating to the structure of the CAT exam.
Hopefully, candidates found this article about the CAT 2024 useful. Candidates must check out the links mentioned below to know more about the CAT exam!
If you need any assistance about 2024 you can ask your query through CollegeDekho’s Q & A section. For admissions-related inquiries, fill in our Common Application Form (CAF) or call 1800-572-9877 to talk to one of our counselors.