Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Looking for perfect specialisations and colleges in design after studying science in class 12th? Look no further. CollegeDekho brings forth the guide on how to pursue design after completing class 12th in the science stream.
Intermediate or class 12th is the most vulnerable stage for a student. It is a phase where the students have to start planning and preparing for their future. One of the most trending educational domain in the nation at present is design. There are multiple career opportunities in design for a student from science stream.
It is essential for a candidate who wishes to pursue design to have a creative bent of mind and affinity for hard-work. Many design colleges like NIFT, NID, AIFD etc offer seats to the students from science background on the basis of entrance exams. Some colleges shortlist the candidates on the basis of merit as well. The higher the marks of the candidate in the qualifying exam, the better are his/her chances of getting selected for admission in a design college. A candidate must start preparing for the entrance exams beforehand to get admission into the design courses. Gathered in this article is all the information regarding the colleges, entrance exams and how to pursue design after science in class 12th.
Step By Step Guide to Pursue Design After Science in 12th
Most of the design colleges welcome students from class 12th science background. Every student has a unique journey after class 12th. It depends on the choices made by the students that determine the end result. Check out the step by step guide on how to pursue design after studying science in class 12th.
Step 1: Know Yourself
- It is crucial to be aware of your strengths and weaknesses before moving forward with a career in design after class 12th.
- Design is a vast field with vivid sub-categories like interior design, leather design, automobile design, fashion design, jewellery design etc. A student must first and foremost pick out his/her area of inclination.
Step 2: Explore Wisely
- Plenty of information regarding the possible design courses after science in class 12th is available online as well as offline. A student needs to wisely filter the available information.
- After a candidate has made a choice regarding the specialisation, it becomes necessary to select the right course, college and location. From the wide range of choice available, a candidate must shortlist the college and programme keeping in view his/her priorities and interest.
- Before finalising anything, explore every possible dimension of the preferred course and college.
Step 3: Check the Eligibility
- Although almost all the design colleges accept a student post completing class 12th in the science background, it is still advisable to go through the minimum eligibility criteria course-wise as well as college wise.
- Apply for registration before the last date so that the admission process goes on smoothly.
Step 4: Prepare Accordingly
- Every college has different parameters for enrolling students. Some colleges offer admission through entrance exams like NIFT, NID etc.
- Find out the entrance exam required for admission in the desired college. Prepare for the exam so as to get selected in the design course.
Advantages of Pursuing Design After Science in 12th
Science in the intermediate level focuses on stimulating the natural curiosity of the students. Mentioned below are the advantages a design aspirant might have after studying science in class 12th.
Studying science in class 12th enhances the observational skills and critical thinking of a candidate. It helps the students to comprehend the intricacies of design better.
Science comprises explorations, evaluations, investigations and inventions. The field of design also works on these four processes. Pre-requisite knowledge of the same helps in understanding how the field of design works.
Science always encourages building something fresh, so does design. Both of the areas promote new ideas.
Science and design, both pay heed to the critical evaluation of ideas after the creative generation of ideas. A student with science background is aware of the importance of ideas and how to utilise them in the modern world.
Courses to Pursue in Design After Science in 12th
If a student wants to kick start his/her career in design after studying science in class 12th, he/she can go for any of the courses offered by top colleges. Mentioned below is the list of courses along with their duration.
BDes Leather Design
BDes Fashion Design
BDes Interior Design
BDes Textile Design
BDes Graphic Design
BDes Animation Film Design
BDes Accessory Design
BDes Product Design
BBA in Fashion Design
BFA Fashion Design
Diploma in Fashion Design & Merchandising
Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design
Diploma in Fashion Designing and Garment Technology
Advanced Diploma - Fashion Design
Entrance Exams in Design After Science in 12th
After studying class 12th in science stream a candidate tries to get admission in the top design colleges of the nation. Certain colleges grant admission to the candidates on the basis of common entrance exams whereas others conduct their separate entrance exams to enrol students. Captured below are the entrance exams an aspirant can prepare for in order to pursue design after class 12th.
SOFT Entrance Test
Career Scope in Design After Science in 12th
After studying science in class 12th and pursuing design in college a huge list of possible career options pops up. Enlisted below are career possibilities a candidate from science stream can look out for post completing a design course.
Export houses jobs that deal with garments, textiles and handlooms
Government and semi-government- handloom/textiles manufacturer
Retail business in garments
Fashion Show Organiser
Top Colleges in Design after Science in 12th
Getting into a renowned college is a dream of every design aspirant. Candidates with a science background can apply for studying Design after 12th in the below mentioned top colleges.
Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
Kolkata, West Bengal
New Delhi, Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi
In case of any admission related query or help, feel free to dial 1800-572-9877 (toll-free) or fill the CAF (Common Application Form). An admission expert will be appointed to you for free assistance!
If a student has an artistic flair and has a science background, it works in his/her favour. With the mix of imaginative skills and hard-work, no hurdle is big enough to stop a candidate from achieving success. Pursuing design after studying science in 12th is a healthy mix. It widens the range of career opportunities for the students and helps them in bringing out the best version of themselves. In case of any queries related to design admission or courses, write to us in the QnA zone.
Stay connected with CollegeDekho for more such information.