- What to do After 12th?
- Courses Available in India to pursue after 12th
- UG Courses for Arts Students
- Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Arts
- UG Courses available after 12th Science
- Under B.Tech, you have an option of various courses to …
- Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Science
- UG Courses available after 12th Commerce
- Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Commerce
- Top Careers after 12th in all courses
- Diploma Courses after 12th
- Certificate Courses after 12th
- Courses After 12th FAQ
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Courses after 12th come with vast options, and so selecting the best amongst them may be a time-consuming procedure. After the 12th grade, a candidate is allowed to apply for over 800 courses across India. After finishing their Class 12, candidates can pursue studies in business, science, arts, economics, filmmaking, animation, etc. Some of the most common undergraduate courses followed by students following the 12th grade are BSc, BCom, BBA, and BA in a variety of fields.
Admission to courses following the 12th grade is based on merit or an admission exam. Candidates can select a course from a variety of alternatives based on their interests and areas of competence. 12th PCM Students can pursue engineering degrees such as B Tech and BSc in a variety of subjects while 12th PCB candidates can pursue medical degrees such as MBBS, B Sc Nursing, and so on.
What to do After 12th?
One of the often-asked questions is, "What after 12th?"
That is what most students are thinking since even before the 12th results are announced. Below, we have listed Top Courses After 12th in India for Arts, Commerce, and Science along with the list of colleges to pursue them. Diplomas and important certificate courses are also listed below.
Choosing the Best Courses After 12th appears to be a significant component in one's career because this is the stage that determines what sort of financially and professionally successful life they will lead in the future. In India, the harsh reality is that even after passing the class 12th with good grades, lack of knowledge and unawareness of the higher education streams still exist among many bright minds, and as a result, they end up pursuing courses that are unsuitable to their passion, talent or calibre, making it difficult for them to find a good job.
Students may pay attention to several key topics highlighted below to choose a career path that is best for them:
Chase Your Aim: This is one of the most crucial factors in allowing students to pick any subject after completing their 12th grade. Considering your professional goals, whatever you've decided to be, might help you pick your stream after the 12th. If you haven't set any goals yet, you should do so based on your interests and then pick a career path.
Analyze Your Options: If you are unsure what to pick, shortlist 10 to 15 possibilities and do appropriate analysis after making your selection, such as entrance exams/admission procedure, eligibility, top universities, opportunities, career growth, pay prospectors, and so on, for each of the options.
Gain Practical Knowledge: After you've narrowed down your selections, attempt to gain some practical knowledge about the courses and occupations from those who are taking the course or working in the industry. To get practical information, you should read articles and watch videos about it, or better contact those you know. This will help you decide which degree is appropriate for you after 12th grade based on your interests.
Courses Available in India to pursue after 12th
UG Courses for Arts Students
The list of Undergraduate Courses for Arts Stream is provided below:
Bachelor of Event Management (BEM)
Bachelor of Fashion Designing (BFD)
Bachelor of Retail Management (B.R.M.)
Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Arts
The list of colleges to pursue any of the above degrees for Arts Stream is provided below:
- List of Colleges for Arts and Humanities
- List of Colleges for Hotel Management
- List of Colleges for Law
- List of Colleges for Management
- List of Colleges for Mass Communication
- List of Colleges for Performing Arts
UG Courses available after 12th Science
The list of Undergraduate Courses for Science Stream is provided below:
Under B.Tech, you have an option of various courses to do after 12th which include
The most popular streams of B.Tech are provided below:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Food Technology
- Genetic Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Textile Engineering
Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Science
The list of colleges to pursue any of the above degrees for Science Stream is provided below:
- List of Colleges for Agriculture
- List of Colleges for Dental
- List of Colleges for Design
- List of Colleges for Engineering
- List of Colleges for Information Technology
- List of Colleges for Management
- List of Colleges for Medical
- List of Colleges for Nursing
- List of Colleges for Paramedical
- List of Colleges for Pharmacy
- List of Colleges for Sciences
UG Courses available after 12th Commerce
The list of Undergraduate Courses for Commerce Stream is provided below:
Top/Colleges to Pursue Courses after 12th Commerce
The list of colleges to pursue any of the above degrees for Commerce Stream is provided below:
Top Careers after 12th in all courses
The list of careers available for all three streams is provided below:
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Allied Services
- Animation, Multimedia and Web Designing
- Arts and Humanities
- Banking and Insurance
- Education and Skill Development
- Engineering and Technology
- Finance/Financial Services
- Fine/Visual/Performing Arts
- Food Processing and Technology
- Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing and Advertising
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Media and Entertainment
- Merchant Navy
- Vocational Services
For more information on each of these career options, visit our Careers page.
Diploma Courses after 12th
The list of Diploma Courses after 12th in Science Stream is provided below:
- Diploma in Air Crew
- Diploma in Air Hostess
- Diploma in Application Software Development
- Diploma in Computer Courses
- Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Diploma in Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Hospital and Health Care Management
- Diploma in HR Training
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Diploma in Textile Designing
- Diploma in Web Designing
The list of Diploma Courses after 12th in Arts Stream is provided below:
- Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
- Diploma in Beauty Culture and Hair Dressing
- Diploma in Cutting and Tailoring
- Diploma in Drawing and Painting
- Diploma in Dress Designing/Costume Designing
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Film Arts and A/V Editing
- Diploma in Film Making
- Diploma in Fine Arts Courses
- Diploma in Foreign Language Courses
- Diploma in Hardware and Networking Courses
- Diploma in Mass Communication
- Diploma in Mass Media and Creative Writing
- Diploma in Print Media, Journalism and Communications
The list of Diploma Courses after 12th in Commerce Stream is provided below:
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Budgeting
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Chart Visualisation
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
Certificate Courses after 12th
The short-term certificate courses enrich the knowledge of students in the particular field and shine on the resume during job applications. We have listed below such courses which may prove to be useful in the future.
The list of Certificate Courses after 12th in Science Stream is provided below:
- Certificate in Animation and Graphic Design
- Certificate in App Development
- Certificate in Big Data and Hadoop
- Certificate in Business Analytics
- Certificate in Community and Rural Healthcare
- Certificate in Computer Programming
- Certificate in Data Mining
- Certificate in Data Visualization
- Certificate in Dental Assistant
- Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition
- Certificate in Graphics Designing
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Java Development
- Certificate in Machine Learning
- Certificate in MS Office Proficiency
- Certificate in Nursing Care
- Certificate in VFX and Animation
- Certificate in Web Designing
The list of Certificate Courses after 12th in Arts Stream is provided below:
- Certificate course in Water Painting
- Certificate in Canvas Painting
- Certificate in Fashion Design
- Certificate in Interior Design
- Certificate in Lettering
The list of Certificate Courses after 12th in Commerce Stream is provided below:
- Certificate course in Business Skills
- Certificate in Mass Media / Journalism
- Certificate in People Management
- Certificate in Stock Market
- Certificate in Tally
- Certificate in Banking
Courses After 12th FAQ
Ques. What are the courses available after Class 12th with Science?
Ans. Popular Courses after 12th are listed as follows:
For PCB: MBBS/BAMS/BUMS/BDS/B.Sc./B. Pharma
For PCM: BE/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Sc.
Ques. How many marks are required to appear for the JEE exam after completing Class 12th with Science?
Ans. There is no minimum requirement of percentage/marks for JEE Main Exam. However, it is essential that the student must have passed the 12th board exams to be eligible. 12th board exam marks have no weightage in the computation of the results of JEE Main Exam. For more information on JEE Main Eligibility and other parameters, check out this article.
Ques. What are the minimum marks required to get into college after Class 12th?
Ans. The student must have achieved at least 50% in any recognized board in India. The detailed eligibility criteria for each course listed above is provided in their respective links.
Ques. Which is the best course after 12th class?
Ans. For Science Stream: MBBS/BAMS/BDS/B.Sc./B. Pharma/BE/B.Tech/B.Arch.
For Arts Stream: BA/BBA/BFA/BA+LLB/BMS/BMJC/BBS
For Commerce Stream: CA/CS/BBA/BAF/B.Com
Ques. When will admissions be started?
Ans. The admissions for UG colleges will begin after 12th and entrance exam results, mostly in the months of July/August. For students pursuing a diploma (to be admitted as Direct Second Year), the admissions will begin in August/September.
For more such updates, always choose CollegeDekho!