Become Job Ready with CollegeDekho Assured Program
Learn More

AP Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23: Check Class 12 Subject Wise Pattern, Marking Scheme

Diksha Sharma
Diksha SharmaUpdated On: December 05, 2022 12:17 am IST

AP Board class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 has been released by the Board. Check here the changes in pattern along with the detailed subject wise exam pattern.

AP Board class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23
examUpdate

Never Miss an Exam Update

AP Board Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23 is released every year by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh. The exam pattern is released by the board on the official website through official notification. AP Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23 consist of the design of the question paper which will cover what type of questions will be asked in the exam, how much weightage will different sections have, what will be the marking scheme, etc. The students must go through the exam pattern before their exam which will help them prepare accordingly and score good marks in the exam.

The following page will overview the AP Board Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 in detail while covering the important details such as changes, marking scheme, subject wise pattern, grading system, and more.

Important Links

Changes Introduced in AP Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23

The AP board decides the exam pattern for class 12th based on the requirement of evaluation in the current academic year and adjusts it accordingly. This year, the board has decided to lower the overall syllabus by 30%. This is followed by CBSE also reducing their syllabus this year. There has been some objective type questions added to the question paper for AP Board Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23. These objective type questions will formulate 30% of the question paper while the descriptive questions will formulate 70% of the question paper. This year, board will be calculating the overall score of the candidates based on theory paper and internal assessments.

Why is AP Board Bringing These Changes?

AP Board is introducing these changes to help the students manage their studies and stress for exams. The board also targets to provide a continuous assessment to the students through internal assessment criteria which will help to test the application and knowledge skills of the students.

AP Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23 Highlights

The table below shows some of the main points related to AP Board Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23 Highlights:

Exam Mode

Offline

Medium

Hindi & English

Duration

3 Hours

Type of Questions

Multiple Choice, Long/Short Questions

Subjects

Hindi, English Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Additional Subject

Total Marks

100

Negative Marking

No

Theory Exam

80

Internal Assessment

20

Passing Marks

33% Aggregate in Each Subject & Overall

AP Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23

Some of the major points which will describe AP Board Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 are listed below:

  • The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration.
  • The total marks for the language papers will be 100.
  • The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 70. The remaining 30 marks will be added for practicals.
  • 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment.
  • The qualifying marks for AP board class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% in aggregate.
  • There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.

AP Board Intermediate Exam Pattern 2022-23 Subject Wise

The following section will give subject wise details of AP Board Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23:

AP Board Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Maths & Geography

  • The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration.
  • The total marks for the papers will be 100.
  • The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 75.
  • The remaining 25 marks will be added for practicals.
  • 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment.
  • The qualifying marks for AP board class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

AP Board Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology

  • The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration.
  • The total marks for the papers will be 100.
  • The marks for theory paper for subjects with practicals will be 60.
  • The remaining 40 marks will be added for practicals. 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment.
  • The qualifying marks for AP board class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

AP Board Class 12th Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Other Subjects

  • The exam will be conducted for a total of 3 hours duration.
  • The total marks for the language papers will be 100. 80% weightage will be given for final exam whereas the remaining 20% weightage will be given for internal assessment.
  • The qualifying marks for AP board class 12th is 35 Marks in each subject and 35% aggregate. There will be no negative marking.

AP Intermediate Exam Pattern - Marking Scheme

Along with the exam pattern, it is also very essential for the students to be aware of the marking scheme for AP board class 12th exam. This will help the students understand how the marks are allotted and how can they gain higher marks in the exam. The marking scheme as per AP Board Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 is given below:

  • The maximum marks for each paper will be 100.
  • There will be no negative marking. 0 marks will be awarded for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
  • The candidates must acquire a minimum of 35% marks in each subject. 

The marking scheme as per the division of questions for AP Board Class 12 Exam Pattern 2022-23 is as follows:

Question Types

Marking Scheme

½ marks Questions

12 Questions (12 X 1/2 = 6 Marks)

1 marks Questions

8 Questions (8 X 1 = 8 Marks)

2 marks Questions

8 Questions (8 X 2 = 16 Marks)

4 marks Questions

5 Questions (5 X 4 = 20 Marks)

Total Marks

50 Marks

AP Board Intermediate Exam Pattern for Internal Assessment

The internal assessment will be conducted at the school level and will be finally added to the overall score of the candidates. The internal assessment as per AP Board class 12th exam pattern 2022-23 has been divided into multiple components such as:

Internal Assessment

20 Marks

Test 1 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 2 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 3 MCQ

4 Marks

Test 4 Descriptive

4 Marks

Test 5 Descriptive

4 Marks

AP Board Class 12th Passing Marks for Theory in Each Subject

SubjectMaximum MarksMinimum Marks
Physics7024
Chemistry7024
Maths10035
Botany7024
Accounts8028
Business Studies8028
Economics8028
History8028
Sociology8028
Geography8028
First Language10035
Second Language10035

AP Board Class 12th Passing Marks for Practical

SubjectMaximum MarksMinimum Marks
Physics3011
Chemistry3011
Botany3011
Accounts207
Business Studies207
Economics207
History207
Sociology207
Geography207


AP Board Class 12th Grading System

The grading system has been adopted by all the 12th board including AP board. Through this grading system, the AP board uses a 9 point grading system to allot grades to the students based on their performance in the exam. Each grade has a bar of grade points and marks which is allotted to the students for each subject and overall. The AP Board Class 12th Grading System can be understood through the table below:

Marks

Grade

100-91

A1

90-81

A2

80-71

B1

70-61

B2

60-51

C1

50-41

C2

40-35

D

Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more Education News

/ap-board-intermediate-exam-pattern-brd

Do you have a question? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Latest Articles

Related Board News/Articles

Top