- WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights
- West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for English
- West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Maths
- West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Physical Science and …
- West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Life Science and …
- West Bengal Madhyamik Assessment System 2022-23
- West Bengal Madhyamik Grading System 2023
- WB Madhyamik Marking Scheme PPR/PPS
- How to prepare for WB Madhyamik Exam 2022-23?
Never Miss an Exam Update
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The WBBSE Exam Pattern 2023 must be known by the students preparing to take the WB Madhyamik Exam in 2023. Students will benefit from knowing how to study for the exam as well as the overall scoring system, exam time limits, and other information. For each of the individual examinations that make up West Bengal Madhyamik 2023, the exam format is the same. First language, second language, life science, physical science, history, geography, and mathematics are all required subjects for the WBBSE. Each exam lasts for three hours and fifteen minutes, of which the students are given the first fifteen minutes specifically for reading.
For the 2023 final board examinations, the board has chosen to cover the whole WB Madhyamik curriculum. Along with the Exam Pattern students may check West Bengal Madhyamik Timetable 2023. The West Bengal Madhyamik examinations 2023 will be conducted on paper between February 23 and March 4, 2023. Since the West Bengal Madhyamik exam questions were closely based on the 2022 Madhyamik exam syllabus, students are required to adhere to it to the letter. Continue reading to see the WB Madhyamik Exam Pattern 20222-23 subject-wise.
WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights
WBBSE class 10 syllabus 2023 has also been released by the West Bengal authorities on the official website of the board. Students can download the syllabus for their respective subjects by visiting the official website of the board. Students may download West Bengal Madhyamik Admit Card 2023 here. Given below are some of the important highlights related to WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2023:
WBBSE Board 10th Examination
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, West Bengal
Frequency of Conduction
Once in an Academic Year
Mode of Exam
Question Paper Marks
100 Marks (Theory Marks + Internal Assessments)
No Negative Marking
February 23 to March 4, 2023
West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for English
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle and Splendour are the two books that WBBSE recommended for the Literature section. In addition to these, pupils must study for the grammar test.
Total No. of questions
Grammar and Rhetoric
West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Maths
There are 90 total marks available for the WBBSE's math exam, of which 10 are set aside for internal evaluation. Here is the math West Bengal 10th Exam Pattern 2023:
Simple interest, Compound interest and uniform rate of increase or decrease, Partnership business
Quadratic equation in one variable, Variation, Quadratic Surd, Ratio and proportion,
Application of theorem for the solution of geometric problems, Construction of circumcircle and incircle of a triangle
Concept of measurement of angle, Trigonometric Ratio and Trigonometric identities, Trigonometric Ratios of complementary angle, Application of Trigonometric Ratios: Heights & Distances
Cuboid, Right circular cylinder, Sphere, Right circular cone, Problems related to different solid objects
West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Physical Science and Environment
This subject includes environmental science, chemistry, and physics. The following West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022–23 includes the themes, sections, and marks for these three sections:
Concerns about Our Environment
Behaviour of Gases
Periodic Table and Periodicity of the Properties of Elements
Ionic and Covalent Bonding
Electricity and Chemical Reactions
Inorganic Chemistry in the Laboratory and in Industry
West Bengal Madhyamik Exam Pattern 2022-23 for Life Science and EnvironmentThe table below shows the question paper design and chapter names for the WBBSE Madhyamik Life Science and Environment subject.
Total No. of question
Control and Coordination in living organisms
Continuity of life
Heredity and some common genetic diseases
Evolution and adaptation
Environment, its resources and their conservation
West Bengal Madhyamik Assessment System 2022-23
Candidates must receive a score of 272 out of 800 according to the West Bengal Madhyamik marking scheme in order to pass the exam. You may find a detailed analysis of the scores needed to fall into each grade category in the sections that follow. Students appearing for the West Bengal Madhyamik examinations must be aware of the assessment system followed:
Written Exam Marks
Oral/Practical Exam Marks
First Language - 1
First Language - 2
Marks for each subject will be mentioned here
Marks for each subject will be mentioned here
Grades for each subject
Optional Elective Subject
Final Result Status: Pass or Fail
West Bengal Madhyamik Grading System 2023
A candidate must know the marking scheme for the board exams 2022 to score well. Below is a list of marking schemes for the candidates to prepare accordingly:
Associate Score Value
Passing marks for West Bengal Madhyamik
Marks to get 1st division
Marks to get 2nd division
Marks to get 3rd division
West Bengal Madhyamik Minimum Marks to Qualify
According to the West Bengal Madhyamik/10th exam marking method, candidates must receive a score of 34% to pass.
Passing marks for each subject of West Bengal Madhyamik
Minimum marks to qualify in each oral paper for West Bengal Madhyamik
West Bengal Madhyamik Grading System
WB Madhyamik Marking Scheme PPR/PPS
For the P.P.S/P.P.R of the H.S., the West Bengal Madhyamik board will only accept applications submitted online. examination. Within 15 days of the date the results were published, candidates who would be taking the West Bengal Madhyamik 2023 exam may submit an online post-publication review application. The only types of articles that can be submitted for PPR/PPS are theoretical ones. Candidates who are unsuccessful may request a review if they receive at least a C in two topics (either language or an elective) that are required for regular and continuing enrollment.
A candidate who received the same grade of O, A+, A, B+, B, C, or P across all subjects—including optional elective subjects—will not be qualified to request a review of their performance. Candidates must pay close attention to the following guidelines.
- Within fifteen days of the day the result was published, the duly completed online applications for post-publication review and the associated fees must be submitted.
- Any erroneous or incomplete PPR/PPS applications will be rejected by the council, and further inquiries won't be made.
- The council must inform the institutions in question of the PPR/PPS results. The website of the council may also have the results available to the candidate.
Students can increase their exam performance and marks in the West Bengal Madyamik result 2023 by using the following WBBSE Class 10 Preparation tips.
How to prepare for WB Madhyamik Exam 2022-23?
- Examine the curriculum: Students should review and evaluate the WB Madhyamik syllabus 2023 and question format for 2022 in order to create an effective study schedule. To prevent boredom and maintain mental acuity, mix up the subjects on the schedule and leave time for interesting activities.
- Choose the best books: Speak with your professors about the best books to purchase that provide clear information and cover the whole West Bengal Class 10th syllabus. Additionally, they ought to ask their lecturers for a list of a subject's key chapters.
- Make Notes: It is advised that students take thorough notes on the West Bengal Madhyamik Syllabus 2022-23 underline critical passages in the text, and revisit their notes frequently.
- Students can also complete question papers to assess their level of preparedness. They should also complete West Bengal Madhyamik sample papers. They will gain knowledge of the scope and key components of an exam. Solving test papers will definitely boost a student’s speed and accuracy.