- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Overview
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Important Highlights
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Download PDF Link
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Mathematics Subject
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 English Subject
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Science
- Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Social Science
- Odisha Class 10th Prescribed Books
- Steps to Download Odisha Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23
- BSE Odisha 10th Assessment Scheme 2022–2023
Never Miss an Exam Update
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Overview
Odisha HSC syllabus 2022-23 has been updated by Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha on its official website. Students who are going to appear for the Odisha Class 10 board exam 2023 can check the syllabus online. They can download the revised syllabus in PDF format from the official website. The detailed syllabus helps students to prepare for all subjects.
Students should know the important topics of BSE Odisha Class 10th syllabus 2023. Knowing the syllabus in-depth will help students to know the topics and units in each of the subjects. BSE Odisha 10th class syllabus 2023 pdf is provided for various subjects such as Mathematics, Social Science, English, and more. First language papers including Odia, Hindi, etc. are also available for students. Read the entire article to go through the BSE Odisha 10th new syllabus 2023.
This year, Odisha Board has deleted some of the topics from the Class 10 syllabus. So, it is mandatory to check the revised syllabus. Odisha Board will set the paper according to the revised syllabus. Hence, students should know all the important topics, marks weightage and other important information that is mentioned in the revised Class 10 syllabus 2022-23.
Besides downloading the revised syllabus and preparing it, students should also be able to solve the previous year question papers. The papers will help students to understand the exam paper structure. the question papers would introduce students to the type of questions that can be asked in the exam paper and how much attention should be paid to each of them. After going through the revised syllabus, students must prepare for the board examination by solving the previous year and sample question papers. This will give them the confidence to face questions in board exams. Go through the entire article to get detailed information about the Odisha class 10 syllabus 2022-23.
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Important Highlights
Odisha Class 10 revised syllabus 2022-23 is available on the official website of the Odisha board. Students can download the revised syllabus and plan their exam preparation strategy according to that. Given below are some of the important highlights related to Odisha class 10 syllabus 2022-23:
Odisha 10th Class Examination
Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha
Frequency of Conduction
Once in an Academic Year
Mode of Exam
Question Paper Marks
100 Marks (Theory Marks + Internal Assessments)
No Negative Marking
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Download PDF Link
Students can download the syllabus for their respective subjects from the download link provided below. To score good marks, it is mandatory for students to have detailed knowledge of syllabus of different subjects. Especially, the changes made in the revised syllabus for the academic year 2022-23 should be known to students. They are advised to download the revised syllabus from the links provided below:
Hindi A Subject Syllabus
Hindi B Subject Syllabus
English – Communicative Subject Syllabus
English – Language & Literature Subject Syllabus
Mathematics Subject Syllabus
Science Subject Syllabus
Social Science Subject Syllabus
Carnatic Music (Vocal) Subject Syllabus
Carnatic Music (Melodic Instrument) Subject Syllabus
Carnatic Music (Percussion) Subject Syllabus
Hindustani Music (Vocal) Subject Syllabus
Painting Subject Syllabus
Home Science Subject Syllabus
NCC Subject Syllabus
Elements of Business Subject Syllabus
Elements of Book Keeping & Accountancy Subject Syllabus
e-Publishing & e-office Subject Syllabus
FIT Curriculum Subject Syllabus
ICT Curriculum Subject Syllabus
Art Education Subject Syllabus
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Mathematics Subject
Euclid’s division lemma, Revisiting Irrational Numbers, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, etc.
Polynomials, Arithmetic Progressions, Quadratic Equations, Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Distance Formula, Area of a Triangle, Section Formula, etc.
Triangles, Circles, Constructions
Introduction to Trigonometry, Trigonometric Identities, Heights and Distances
Areas Related to Circles, Surface Areas and Volumes
Statistics and Probability
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 English Subject
Following are the topics that are covered in English syllabus for Odisha class 10:
- Prose and Language study
- Grammar usage
- Language study
- Extensive reading
- Filling in forms
- Essay writing
- Letter/Application writing
Odisha Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23 English Marking Scheme
|Name of the Section||Topic Name||Total Number of Marks Allotted|
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Science
Odisha class 10 syllabus for science subject is given below. Science subject consists of three sub-subjects which are as follows: Chemistry, Biology and Physics. Science paper holds different sections for all three subjects in the science paper. Students are required to study hard in all three subjects in order to secure good marks in the science subject in Class 10 board exams. Besides theory, students also need to study for practical exams which are held differently for all three subjects. In order to pass the science paper, students need to secure well in both theory and practical exams. Syllabus for Odisha class 10 science subject is as follows:
- Chemical substances-nature and behavior
- World of living
- Natural Resources
- Effects of current
- Natural Phenomena
Odisha 10th Syllabus 2022-23 Social Science
Odisha class 10 syllabus for social science has been given below. Students must note that there are four sub categories in social science subject ie. Geography, History, Civics and Economics. In order to pass the board paper for social science, students need to clear all four parts. It must be noted that all parts are compiled in one paper only and no separate board exams take place for all four subjects. Another thing that must be noted by all the students is that there are practical exams for social science papers. Only theory exams will be there. Given below are the important topics that are covered in Social Science syllabus:
- India and the Contemporary World - I
- Contemporary India - I
- Democratic Politics - I
India and the Contemporary World - I
- The French Revolution
- Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
- Livelihoods, Economies and Societies
- Forest Society and Colonialism
- Pastoralists in the Modern World
- Peasants and Farmers
Contemporary India - I
- Physical Features of India
- Natural Vegetation and WildLife
Democratic Politics – I
- What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- Constitutional Design
- Electoral Politics
- Working of Institutions
- Democratic Rights
- The Story of Village Palampur
- People as Resource
- Poverty as a Challenge
- Food Security in India
Odisha Class 10th Prescribed BooksStudying through the following books, students can gain enhanced knowledge of their subjects. They can learn the concepts and aim at scoring high marks.
- Hindi Sourav
- Sahitya Sindhu
- Madhyamika Byakaran
- Sahitya Suravi
- Hindi Prayog
- Madhyamika Hindi Byakaran
- Sanskruta Sahitya Manjari
- Sanskruta Byakaran Prakash
- Skills of Communication English
- Learn and Practise Grammar
- Jiba Bigyana
- Madhyamika Bijaganita
- Madhyamika Jyamiti
- Bhugola O’ Arthaniti
- Bhoutika Bigyana
- Itihas O’ Rajniti Bigyana
Steps to Download Odisha Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23
Students going to appear for Odisha Class 10 board exams 2023 can download the revised syllabus for Odisha class 10 from the official website of Odisha board. There are various changes that have been made in the syllabus for class 10. Students must get knowledge of the revised syllabus by downloading it. It must be noted that the Odisha board will set the class 10 board paper on the basis of the revised syllabus only.
Follow the following steps in order to download Odisha class 10 syllabus 2022-23 revised syllabus:
- Visit the official website of Board of Secondary Education Odisha, Cuttack- http://bseodisha.nic.in.
- On the Home Page, look for the latest news section.
- Students will notice a list of existing syllabus, Text- Books, Courses of studies, etc.
- Select the link Text Books link for class 10 and click on it.
- Students will be guided to a new page where all the pdf links for different subjects will be displayed.
- Students can download the syllabus for their respective subjects by clicking on the link.
- Students must download the link and take the print out of it for future reference.
BSE Odisha 10th Assessment Scheme 2022–2023With a few minor alterations, the assessment will be based on Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, similar to that of the previous year.
1. Each term will include one Term-End Exam and two Formative Assessments. Accordingly, the syllabus has been created for four quarters.
2. The term-end exams' (Summative Assessment-I & II) questions will cover about 50% of the entire syllabus that is covered in the term-by-term syllabus breakdown.
3. Internal evaluations in the form of formative assessments will be undertaken as usual. Each quarter, there will be one formative assessment.
4. The question format for both summative Assessments will be the same.
5. In order to determine the findings, the following weighting will be applied to the various assessments.
Internal Evaluation (IA): 20 percent
Assessment-Summative I (AS-I): 40%
Assessment-Summative-II (SA-II): 40%