Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23: The curriculum for Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class X & XII for the academic year 2022-2023 has been released on the official website. CBSE 2022-2023 curriculum tends to promote practical knowledge and develop critical learning which would help the students to understand real life problems and act in an oriented manner. The CBSE 2022-2023 curriculum addresses the syllabus, Scheme of exams, exam pattern, etc. In the article given below, CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-2023 is defined as a stretch.
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus has had a history of changes from time to time to complement the mathematical scope and evolving needs of society. Class XII is considered to be a launching stage as after their senior secondary students go either for higher education in Mathematics or for professional courses like Engineering, Physical and Biological science, Commerce or Computer Applications, all of which involve mathematics in one or the other respect. So this mandates the students to understand the CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 to score good marks in Board examinations and give them an upper hand while dealing with the mathematics preparation for the entrance examinations like JEE. We have made our sincere efforts to bring forward complete information about the CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 in the article given below:
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Detailed Syllabus
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 has been uploaded on the official website. The CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2023 has been set on the lines of the Mathematics syllabus for 2022. CBSE has not made any changes in the mathematics syllabus for 2022-2023. It is basically the same as that for the academic year 2021-2022. More information regarding the CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 is given in the article.
Direct link to download the complete syllabus for CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 is given below:
|CBSE Class 12 Mathematics 2022-2023 PDF|
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Unit wise syllabus 2022-2023
Unit I: Relations and Functions
Topic 1. Relations and Functions
- Types of Relations: Reflexive, Symmetric, Transitive and Equivalence relations
- Types of Functions: One - one functions and Onto functions
Topic 2. Inverse Trigonometry
- Definition; Domain & Range of Inverse trigonometric functions; principal value branch
- Inverse trigonometric functions graphs
Unit II: Algebra
Topic 1. Matrices
- Matrix: Definition; Notation, Order of a matrix, Equality of matrix
- Types of matrices: Zero matrix; Identity matrix, Transpose of a matrix, Symmetric and Skew symmetric matrices
- Operation on matrices: Addition and multiplication of a matrix with a scalar unit; Matrix addition & multiplication
- Oncommutativity of multiplication of matrices and existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrix (restrict to square matrices of order 2). Invertible matrices and proof of the uniqueness of inverse, if it exists; (Here all matrices will have real entries).
Topic 2. Determinants
- Determinants: Determinant of a square matrix (up to 3 x 3 matrices); Minors; Co-factors
- Use of determinants in finding the area of a triangle
- Adjoint and inverse of a matrix.
- Consistency, inconsistency and number of solutions of system of linear equations by examples, solving system of linear equations in two or three variables (having unique solution) using inverse of a matrix.
Unit III: Calculus
Topic 1. Continuity and Differentiability
- Continuity and discontinuity: Derivative of composite functions; Chain rule
- Derivative of inverse trigonometric functions; derivative of implicit functions
- Concept of exponential and logarithmic functions: Derivatives; Logarithmic differentiation; parametric forms; Second order derivatives
Topic 2. Applications of Derivatives
- Applications of derivatives: Rate of change; Increasing/Decreasing functions
- Maxima and Minima
- Simple problems, related to real life problems, to be solved using application of derivates
Topic 3. Integrals
- Integration: Substitution method; Integration by Partial fractions; Integration by parts
- Evaluation of simple integrals
- Fundamental Theorem; Properties of definite integrals; evaluation of definite integrals
Topic 4. Applications of the Integrals
- Applications to find the area under simple curves (circles/ parabolas/ellipses)
Topic 5. Differential Equations
- Differential Equations: Definition; Order and degree
- Solutions of a differential equation by method of separation of variables
- Solutions of homogeneous differential equations of first order and first degree; Solutions of linear differential equation.
Unit IV: Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
Topic 1. Vectors
- Vectors: Magnitude and direction of a vector; DCs and DRs of a vector
- Types of vectors: Equal vectors, Unit vectors, Zero vectors, Parallel and collinear vectors
- Position vector; negative of a vector; components of a vector
- Addition & multiplication of vectors; position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio
- Geometrical Interpretation; Properties and application of dot product of vectors; Cross product of vectors.
Topic 2. 3-D Geometry
- Direction cosines and direction ratios of a line joining two points
- Cartesian equation and vector equation of a line; Skew lines; shortest distance between two lines; Angle between two lines.
Unit V: Linear Programming
Topic 1. Linear Programming
- Introduction; Constraints; Objective function; Optimization
- Different types of linear programming problems; Graphical method of solution for problems in two variables; feasible and non-feasible regions; feasible and non-feasible solutions; Optimal feasible solutions
Unit VI: Probability
Topic 1. Probability
- Conditional probability; multiplication theorem; Mutually exhaustive and inclusive events
- Bayes’ theorem
- Random variable; Probability distribution, Mean, Variance & Standard deviation of probability distribution
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Exam Pattern 2022-2023
As per the Continuous Comprehensive evaluation (CCE) pattern, CBSE Mathematics paper is conducted on 100 marks, out of which 80 marks are assigned to a theory paper while 20 marks have been assigned to internal assessment.
The table given below will give a clear picture about the marking scheme and topic wise weightage in CBSE Class 12 Mathematics exam
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Previous Year Question Papers
The CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Previous year question paper is available in PDF format below. Click on the links to download the question paper:
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics 2020 Question Papers
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Question Paper 2019
The CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Question Paper 2019 is available in PDF format below. You can download the question paper by clicking on the link.
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics 2020 Question Papers
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Question Paper 2018
The CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Question Paper 2018 is available in PDF format below. You can download the question paper by clicking on the link.
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics 2018 Question Papers